Betting Sites - The Complete Guide To Betting Online
At BettingSites.co we're experts at betting online and we're here to share that knowledge with you - so if you're looking for recommendations of the best betting sites or trying to hunt down some free bets, then you've come to the right place.
Before we delve into the more detailed information we wanted to quickly introduce our current top three overall betting sites, which provide an excellent starting point for any budding pundit:
Top UK Online Bookmakers
BetVictor - £30 Bonus
Bet £10 Get £30
Bet £10 for £30 free - given as promo cash to use however you like. Plus officially the best overall odds for football.
Coral - £20 Bonus
Bet £5, Get £20
Your first real money bet of just £5 will earn you a £20 free bet. Coral also run plenty of money back offers and specials.
Bet365 - £200 Bonus
£200 Deposit Bonus
Get a massive £200 bonus on your first deposit, plus an extra £50 bonus when you try out Bet365's awesome mobile site.
ComeOn! - £10 Bonus
£10 Bet + 20 Spins
Get 20 free spins when you sign up through us. Plus a £10 free bet, loyalty points and free weekly football jackpot.
Ladbrokes - £50 Bonus
£50 Matched Bet
Matched bet worth £50 when you sign up (use code F50), plus regular price boosts and PayPal quick registration.
Betfred - £30 Bonus
Bet £10, Get £60
Bet £10 for £60 in bonuses. Plus novel markets and promotions you won't find anywhere else.
10Bet - £200 Bonus
£200 Deposit Bonus
Claim a large £200 deposit bonus plus regular reload bonuses. 10Bet also have a huge live betting section.
Sky Bet - £10 Bonus
£10 No Deposit
£10 completely free, plus a further £5 free bet every week in Sky's 'free bet club' and a very user friendly website.
Betway - £100 Bonus
Straight forward £100 bonus. Plus weekly £10 free bets & earn loyalty points through Betway Plus.
Real Deal Bet - £50 Bonus
100% up to £50
Sister site to 10Bet, backed by Evander Holyfield. New customers get a 100% bonus on their first deposit up to £50.
888sport - x3 Bonus
Treble Odds on 1st Bet
888 offer a unique sign up bonus. Place your choice of bet and get it paid out at 3x the regular odds if it wins.
You might notice that the bonuses listed above are all given in British Pounds (GBP). The reason for this is pretty simple - we're Brits ourselves and so tend to naturally be biased towards the UK (we also run a seperate dedicated UK betting website which maintains a regularly updated list of the best UK bookmakers that may be of interest if you're from Blighty).
Most of the betting sites we list on this site will, however, also accept customers from other, non-UK countries and many of them offer bonuses in other currencies - such as Euros or US Dollars. Having said this, the one country that has very limited options is the USA, where red tape and general bureaucracy often get in the way of betting online. At time of writing none of the betting sites we list currently accept customers from the USA but we'll try and find some suitable options for our American friends soon.
We'll also shortly be creating a series of guides to the best online betting websites based on your country and/or preferred currency, as well as the different payment methods that are available to you. So watch this space for more details.
In the mean time we have produced a number guides on various sports - including how to bet on the sport, any specific rules you need to be aware of when betting, and some basic strategy advice to help you pick some winners. You'll find links to these articles in the menu on the right hand side of the page.
Before we proceed any further we wanted to bring up the subject of responsible betting. It's important when participating in any kind of gambling activity to make sure you're in control at all times - for the majority betting is a fun and entertaining pastime that adds an extra bit of excitement to a sporting event, but for some it can become a destructive habit.
As a general rule of thumb we recommend that you should only bet what you can afford to lose and never chase your losses. And if betting is making you unhappy, depressed or stressed then simply don't do it - it's supposed to be enjoyable so if you're not enjoying it, don't do it. In the words of the betting industry - 'When the fun stops, stop'.
If you do feel like you need some help or advice about a potential gambling problem that you or somebody you know may have, then there are a number of fantastic impartial organisations you can turn to for assistance- including Gamble Aware and Gamblers Anonymous.
Betting Online Versus At A Local Bookmaker
In case you haven't quick picked up the hint yet, we're pretty big fans of betting online rather than doing it in person in a betting shop - assuming your country allows such activities, of course. There are many reasons for this, so lets give you a quick run down of the top few:
1. You Get Better Odds - First and foremost, you'll generally get better odds online compared to a brick and mortar bookie. Part of the reason for this is that the local bookmaker has additional costs - such as the rent on the shop and staffing costs - but there's also less competition. The bookie knows that if you're at his shop you're unlikely to leave and walk 10 minutes down the road to a competitor if you don't like his odds, wheras online you can quickly jump from site to site to find the best deal.
2. It's More Convenient - By definition, placing a bet in person requires you to physically be there. This means leaving the comfort of your sofa or whatever bar you may be in and trundling off down the road. And if you win, you'll have to go back to collect your winnings. In contrast, thanks to smartphones and tablets bets can be placed online from virtually anywhere - and yes, that includes the little boys room if you're so inclined.
3. You'll Get Free Bets & Betting Offers - Part and parcel of their being more competition online is that the betting sites will fall over themselves to get your custom. And this isn't limited to beating each others odds - most sportsbooks also will offer you a welcome bonus when signing up which ranges from £10 completely free without even making a deposit, all the way up to a massive £200 in free bets in your account. Some of the bigger sites also run frequent (almost daily) promotions such as money back specials, enhanced odds and bonuses.
Latest Betting Articles & Tips
We produce a wide range of articles on a variety of topics here at BettingSites.co. You can browse our full archive of tips here or check out the very latest articles to come off the press below.
On Wednesday, Crystal Palace and Manchester United go head-to-head at Selhurst Park for a mouth-watering Premier League matchup. With both the Eagles and Red Devils needing the points for different reasons, we should be in for a fascinating contest in south London.Read more...
One of the weekend’s biggest races, the John Durkan Chase, takes place at Punchestown this Sunday. It’s run over a distance of two and a half miles and sees former champion Djakadam in contention to be the seventh horse to win this race on two occasions.Read more...
Caspian Caviar Gold Cup Handicap Chase (Cheltenham) Betting Tips & Preview – Saturday 10th December 2016
Cheltenham is widely regarded as the home of jumps racing, and doesn’t seem to know how to put on a below average card. This Saturday sees another cracker in store for racing fans at Prestbury Park, with this competitive handicap likely to be the major betting heat of the day.Read more...
StanJames.com International Hurdle (Cheltenham) Betting Tips & Preview – Saturday 10th December 2016
We have three Graded contests in store this coming Saturday at Cheltenham. The pick of the bunch in terms of quality is this prestigious hurdle event held over 2m 179yards. This has been landed by a handful of Champion Hurdlers over the years and a number of these are likely to be targeted at that Festival contest later in the season.Read more...
Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal make the trip to Goodison Park on Tuesday to face Ronald Koeman’s Everton in a tasty looking Premier League clash. The Toffees may be undefeated at home in the league, but they go into this one as the underdogs with the bookies.Read more...
Sports Betting Guides
- Crystal Palace v Manchester United
- Everton v Arsenal
- Roma v AC Milan
- Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur
- Chelsea v West Bromwich Albion
- PSG v Nice
- Liverpool v West Ham United
- Derby County v Nottingham Forest
- Torino v Juventus
- John Durkan Chase
- Watford v Everton
- Leicester City v Manchester City
- International Hurdle
- Caspian Caviar Gold Cup Handicap Chase
- Dereck Chisora v Dillian Whyte
- Anthony Joshua v Eric Molina